A stepping stone on the path to RECOVERY, Solid Roots is a transitional employment program for individuals new in recovery to gain employment skills experience at Enlightened Farm. This is an opportunity for individuals in sober living to regain employment through stable income, fellowship, job training, skill acquisition and work ethic in environmental stewardship.
· Value: members earn revenue while feeling a sense of community and accomplishment as they watch their work blossom.
· Skills: good earth farming practices, composting, plant identification, tending to different crops, seeding, weeding, harvesting, product making, customer service, and farming throughout the seasons
· Specialty Skills: natural beekeeping, herbalism, loose leaf tea making, preservation and product making, and woodworking
· Long-term Wellness: communication, working together, self-discovery, developing personal passions, appreciation for the living, food literacy and access, responsibility, and accountability.
· CommUNITY: members tap into their recovery community and support to build resilience and healthy relationships with their co-workers.