For those further down the path of RECOVERY, and based on availability, we offer on-the-job training at Enlightened Café and Recovery Renovations, our construction/maintenance crew . These positions are limited and open on a need basis. Each promote long-term wellness by teaching the skills of communication, working together, self-discovery, developing personal passions, appreciation for the living, skill-based empowerment and access, responsibility, and accountability. These opportunities also offer individuals the chance to learn about skills they would like to turn into a career. The Hansen Foundation partners with numerous community employers who hire our residents transitioning back into the workforce after treatment and sober living. These employers share the same philosophy in employment training as The Hansen Foundation. All individuals in recovery are encouraged to apply with zero clean time requirements. All must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen and submit to random tests to ensure ongoing employment.
Recovery Renovations Employment Program
A progressive and individualized program of construction related skill acquisition for those in recovery and in sober living. Participants are actively working on construction sites while learning accountability, teamwork, as well as skill acquisition in focused construction areas and project management. Individuals develop personal interests in the construction field; eventually moving on to full time work within a specialized trade including union placement.
- Value: members earn revenue and gain resume building skills to transition into a specialized trade in the construction business.
- Skills: exposure to construction practices while working with a general contractor and subcontractors supporting growth toward a specialized construction related career.
- Specialty Skills: Carpentry, tiling, countertop design and installation, plumbing, demo work, electrical, plumbing, painting, landscaping, and maintenance as well as industry certifications.
Enlightened Café Employment Program
A program of food and beverage related skill acquisition for those in recovery and in sober living. Participants learn skill acquisition in the food and beverage and hospitality arenas in addition to learning about the healing properties of organic food.
- Value: members earn revenue and gain resume building skills to transition into specialized employment in the food and beverage industry.
- Skills: exposure to customer service experience, problem-solving skills, basic computer skills, exposure to POS system, vendor relations, management and human resource training and marketing to skills, organization, food and beverage hygiene and regulatory standards supporting growth toward a specialized food and beverage related career.
- Specialty Skills: Food preparation, currency fluency, resolving conflict, teamwork, persistence, inventory management, revenue and expense accounting, as well as industry certifications.