Hansen Foundation has partnered with Jewish Family Service of Atlantic and Cape May Counties for this new initiative and has committed to training and hiring qualified participants. Peer Specialists are recovering from substance use or co-occurring mental health disorders who have a unique capacity to help each other based on a shared affiliation and a deep understanding of this experience.
Many recoverees go from receiving intensive residential treatment or daily recovery support to the opposite extreme of a less clinical appointment with little recovery community support. The Hansen Foundation Peer Recovery Support Program fills that void by providing recoverees with a network of peers, a peer matching program to Certified Peer Recovery Specialists (CPRS) and access to all recovery programming. In addition to peer mentoring and coaching, our program can:
- Assist in referrals to treatment
- Develop comprehensive recovery plans
- Provide access to holistic wellness activities and recovery programs
- Provide access to social and recreational activities
- Connect to sober living resources
- Provide a sense of community