Support #RealChange Today!! Help us by signing our petition! Click the image below
- This event has passed.
Recovery-Based Karmic Yoga Workshop | 04.14.19
April 14 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pmFree
Join us for a recovery/trauma-based karmic yoga workshop, move with mindfulness, a gentle flow with meditation and exploring some of the yoga philosophy from Patanjali, In this class we will explore the 4 aggravations expresses by Tommy Rosin and will be and stretching our bodies deeper to be able to sit in a meditation seat and find our inner joy and peace.
Experience powerful healing that supports our process of deep inner work and creates lasting change. Practice stress releasing exercises to help treat any phycological distress or trauma you may be feeling. Through the practice of meditation mindfulness and vinyasa yoga movement will help give you tools to untangle you from the grip of addiction, we are all recovering from something. This help lift you higher… Guided by Denise Tamuts, who is certified in RYT-200 hour teacher training from her teacher Loren Russo -Astanga based at Hot or Not in Manahawkin, & is in the process of completing her 300 hour teacher training.
Denise is known for her authentic & judgment-free teaching style, and compassion-centered philosophy. She avails herself to continuous philosophical education from spiritual disciplines. Denise will be weaving thought provoking meditation throughout her class applying ancient wisdom to our contemporary western world in a useful in an understanding way. She encourages growth of the physical and spiritual self, believing strongly in the oneness of all creature and how we are all connected to the universe at large.
*This is a donation-based class and our volunteers appreciate anything you can offer!
This class has a ten dollar suggested donation, on the other hand, we will not turn anyone away should they not be able to make the donation. Our volunteer facilitators receive the donations. The facilitator then splits a portion of the donations with the Hansen Foundation. Our mission is to aid people struggling with substance abuse in finding safe housing and embracing recovery.
Some things to note…
- Enlightened Cafe does have yoga mats, bolsters, blocks and blankets. If you own your own equipment, feel free to bring that with you for use.
- Please take notice of the binder in the yoga room containing the liability waivers and fill one out before each class.
- To keep an atmosphere of enlightenment and healing, please remove shoes at the door and place them in the shoe cubby.
- On the rack containing the yoga mats, there is a bottle of cleaner. Please be mindful of hygiene and wipe down the yoga mats before and after each use.
- Please leave our community room the way it was when you arrived.
- Furthermore, avoid bringing drinks and food into the community room.
- Please avoid stretching beyond your limitation, listen to your body…
- If there are any questions or concern, do not hesitate to address them with Enlightened Cafe staff.
- Most importantly, 💫 BE ENLIGHTENED 💫